The Snail and the Whale review: Exciting, funny and heartwarming
- Credit: Tall Stories
It is the children's tale of a tiny snail embarking on a massive adventure and it has slid onto the Norwich Playhouse stage.
Based on the hit children's book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler The Snail and the Whale is one shell of a show for all the family.
This Tall Stories production brings to life the adventures this marauding mollusc through the eyes of an excitable young girl (Hannah Miller) and her father (Tim Hibberd).
Narrator Rachel Benson and her violin punctuate the drama which ebbs and flows like the tide until its celebratory finale.
Exciting, funny and heartwarming - this splash-hit is everything a children's show should be.
You may also want to watch:
• The Snail and the Whale runs until December 2. For tickets call the box office on 01603 598598.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop