Drayton ‘Miss Slinky’ winner loses over 5 stone in less than a year
- Credit: Slimming World
A Norfolk mum has been recognised for her weight loss achievements by her local slimming group.
Tessa Betts, 60, dropped from a dress size 20-22 to size 12-14 in just 46 weeks as a member of the Drayton Slimming World group.
With a total weight loss of over five stone, Mrs Betts was voted the group's Miss Slinky 2018 – an annual Slimming World award, along with Mr Sleek, that recognises members who 'have transformed both inside and out by becoming healthier and happier, slimmer and more confident'.
Mrs Betts said: 'I was already really looking forward to this Christmas and feeling confident enough to wear outfits that I couldn't or wouldn't have dreamt of last year. Winning the title of Miss Slinky means I have even more to celebrate and I know this festive season will be extra special.'
The national winners of both Miss Slinky and Mr Sleek will be announced in January 2019, with a £2,000 cash prize awarded to each.
Lynsey Hannant, who runs the Drayton Slimming World group which Tessa attends, says she was extremely proud of her achievement.
'Christmas is a time of year for getting dressed up and having a good time,' she added. 'However a lot of my members have told me they'd often dread it because they felt uncomfortable and out of place at parties, which is just so sad.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 3 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 4 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 5 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 6 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 7 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 8 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 9 Former Norfolk teacher finds success with hit pottery business
- 10 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
'This year I know Tessa will feel completely different from previous years. I hope she'll be accepting every invitation she receives and showing off her fabulous new zest for life – she definitely lives up to her new title of Miss Slinky in my eyes.'
Have you achieved something you're proud of recently? Email email@example.com