Slimming success for Wymondham woman
A woman who was warned she risked having a heart attack due to her ballooning size said she no longer feels disabled by her weight after shedding seven stone.
Lyn Smith, who once tipped the scales at almost 20 stone, has now transformed her health so much that her GP has taken away her blood pressure tablets, her arthritis is not crippling her with pain anymore and she no longer needs inhalers for breathlessness.
Having found success with the Cambridge Weight Plan, the 60-year-old, from Wymondham, now hopes to inspire other slimmers by training as a diet consultant. She aims to be taking on clients from the end of January.
She said: 'It's a new year and a new me. I feel 10 years younger now. I am healthier, fitter, more attractive and happier.
'I have dieted for 40 years and never achieved this loss before. I can now wear fashion clothes, go into any clothes shops and wear high heels without swollen ankles.
You may also want to watch:
'I couldn't even manage physical exercise before. I felt slightly disabled and was warned by medics that I could have a heart attack or a stroke. I used to walk but had aching joints and was breathless.'
Lyn, who works as an auxiliary nurse for a community hospital, slimmed down from 19st 7lbs to 12st 9lbs.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 4 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Hundreds potentially put at risk as council homes safety inspections missed
- 8 Four Norwich city green spaces among best in UK
- 9 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed
- 10 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
She had managed to lose about a stone and a half over two years by herself before seeking the help of Cambridge Weight Plan consultant John Howard, who had lost seven stone himself. With his help, Lyn managed to shift the rest of the weight within eight months.
For more information, call John on 01379 678416 or call Lyn on 01953 603952.