Six injured in A11 crash
Six people have been taken to hospital this afternoon after a car ploughed into the rear of a police car on the A11.The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11, near Wymondham, is currently shut as a result of the two vehicle crash.
One of Norfolk's busiest roads reopened this evening after an accident that saw six people taken to hospital when a car ploughed into the back of a police car.
The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11, near Wymondham, was closed for three-and-a-half hours as a result of the two vehicle crash, which happened at about 2.30pm.
Emergency services went to the incident, which happened between the Wymondham and Ketteringham junctions.
The driver of the police car, which was stationary and fending off vehicles following a break-down further along the road, has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital suffering from neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The five occupants of the second car have also been taken to hospital. Two of them are believed to have more serious injuries.
Traffic was diverted along the old A11 road.
- 1 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 3 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 4 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 7 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 8 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 9 Work starts to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 10 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'