Six injured in A11 crash
Six people have been taken to hospital this afternoon after a car ploughed into the rear of a police car on the A11.The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11, near Wymondham, is currently shut as a result of the two vehicle crash.
One of Norfolk's busiest roads reopened this evening after an accident that saw six people taken to hospital when a car ploughed into the back of a police car.
The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11, near Wymondham, was closed for three-and-a-half hours as a result of the two vehicle crash, which happened at about 2.30pm.
Emergency services went to the incident, which happened between the Wymondham and Ketteringham junctions.
The driver of the police car, which was stationary and fending off vehicles following a break-down further along the road, has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital suffering from neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The five occupants of the second car have also been taken to hospital. Two of them are believed to have more serious injuries.
Traffic was diverted along the old A11 road.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts