Six injured in A11 crash
Six people have been taken to hospital this afternoon after a car ploughed into the rear of a police car on the A11.The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11, near Wymondham, is currently shut as a result of the two vehicle crash.
One of Norfolk's busiest roads reopened this evening after an accident that saw six people taken to hospital when a car ploughed into the back of a police car.
The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11, near Wymondham, was closed for three-and-a-half hours as a result of the two vehicle crash, which happened at about 2.30pm.
Emergency services went to the incident, which happened between the Wymondham and Ketteringham junctions.
The driver of the police car, which was stationary and fending off vehicles following a break-down further along the road, has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital suffering from neck injuries.
The five occupants of the second car have also been taken to hospital. Two of them are believed to have more serious injuries.
Traffic was diverted along the old A11 road.
- 1 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 2 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 3 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 4 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours due to technical issue
- 5 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 6 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 7 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 8 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 9 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 10 Mother heartbroken to find her child's grave in "unacceptable state"