Six injured in A11 crash
Six people have been taken to hospital this afternoon after a car ploughed into the rear of a police car on the A11.The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11, near Wymondham, is currently shut as a result of the two vehicle crash.
One of Norfolk's busiest roads reopened this evening after an accident that saw six people taken to hospital when a car ploughed into the back of a police car.
The Norwich-bound carriageway of the A11, near Wymondham, was closed for three-and-a-half hours as a result of the two vehicle crash, which happened at about 2.30pm.
Emergency services went to the incident, which happened between the Wymondham and Ketteringham junctions.
The driver of the police car, which was stationary and fending off vehicles following a break-down further along the road, has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital suffering from neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The five occupants of the second car have also been taken to hospital. Two of them are believed to have more serious injuries.
Traffic was diverted along the old A11 road.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 5 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 6 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 7 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 What are your memories of Castle Quarter?