Six cars in A14 crash in Suffolk
Six cars have been involved in an accident on the A14 this morning, blocking the road.The accident happened at 8.12am on the westbound carriageway, just before the Orwell Bridge at Nacton.
Six cars have been involved in an accident on the A14 this morning, blocking the road.
The accident happened at 8.12am on the westbound carriageway, just before the Orwell Bridge at Nacton.Police officers at the scene have closed the outside lane of the road.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said two vehicles had collided but it appeared up to six have been involved in the crash, she described as a 'shunt.'
She said one of the vehicles, a Ford KA has been damaged but it is not thought anyone has been badly injured.
You may also want to watch:
The accident was expected to cause delays, threatening grid lock in Ipswich as rush hour traffic diverts through the town centre.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Former village pub for sale as home
- 7 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 8 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
- 9 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 10 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways