Sisters spread festive cheer for premature babies at hospital
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2014
Two women who create gift baskets for new parents and their babies helped spread some Christmas cheer at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Sisters Lianne Smith and Claire Webster started their online business Mummy's Little Bundle – which specialises in making hampers containing items such as bibs and pamper products for mothers and babies – 18 months ago.
After creating special baby's first Christmas gift baskets for the festive season, the sisters decided to take the stock they had left over and donate it to the neonatal intensive care unit on Christmas Eve.
Mrs Smith, who lives in Wymondham, said: 'We rang up the unit to see if we could drop the boxes off because many of the premature and poorly babies would not be home for Christmas.
'It was amazing and we got shown around and saw the babies. One woman we gave a gift basket to was a bit bewildered but pleased.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a nice feeling when we left and nice to know we've done something good.'
Both Mrs Smith and Miss Webster, who lives in Costessey, recently left their jobs at Lotus cars and the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital to focus full-time on their business.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 6 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 7 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 8 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
They are currently looking for premises in Norwich to open up their own shop.
Mrs Smith added: 'It's going well and at the moment we're working from a warehouse in Rackheath. It'll be nice to have our own place.'
Have you got a story to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org