Singer kicks off UK tour in Norwich
Simon Parkin Singer James Morrison is to kick-off his first UK tour for two years with a date in Norwich. He will appear at the UEA on November 16.
Singer James Morrison is to kick-off his first UK tour for two years with a date in Norwich. He will appear at the UEA on November 16.
As well as having one of the biggest selling debut albums of 2006, Morrison was also the standalone biggest selling British male solo artist of that year.
Now after a relatively quiet two years, he is preparing to return with a new single, You Make It Real, on September 22 followed his second album, Songs For You, Truths For Me, the following week.
The 21-year-old singer-songwriter, who hails from Derby, saw his debut Undiscovered go straight in at number one in the UK album chart in July 2006 and went on to sell over two million copies worldwide.
His short seven date tour begins in Norwich before moving on to Oxford, Southampton and Edinburgh before concluding in London on November 25.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 4 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 5 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 6 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 7 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 10 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
Tickets for the Norwich go on sale on Friday, September 12, from 9am.
The gig is just the latest big name to be confirmed to at the UEA this autumn in what is shaping up to be one of the most memorable in years.
After spending much of the summer at number one in the singles chart with Dance Wiv Me, his collaboration with Calvin Harris, hip hop star Dizzee Rascal saw tickets sell out within a matter of hours for his UEA show on November 17.
Also sold out are gigs by The Ting Tings, Foals, Travis, The Fratellis, The View and The Script.
Another selling strongly is an appearance at the UEA on December 8 by Britpop survivors Ocean Colour Scene, who are taking a break from recording their new album, due out next year.
t Tickets for UEA shows can be booked on 01603 508050 or at: www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk