Simple Minds return to Blickling
Simon ParkinSimple Minds are returning to play at Blickling Hall for the first time since 2004 as they celebrate 30- years of playing live. The concert will see them perform songs from their classic album New Gold Dream.Simon Parkin
Simple Minds are returning to play at Blickling for the first time since 2004 as they celebrate 30- years of playing live.
The concert will see them perform songs from their classic album New Gold Dream, released in 1982, including hits Promised You A Miracle and Glittering Prize. The set will also include a selection of their greatest hits.
Simple Minds last played Blickling in 2004 to a sell-out crowd.
The band are to release Graffiti Soul, their first new album in four years, on May 25.
You may also want to watch:
Their 15th studio album, it was recorded at Rockfield Studios, their first visit there since New Gold Dream, and is said to be their most rocky in years.
Frontman Jim Kerr said: 'Stylistically, this is a truly vibrant rock 'n' roll album that's bursting at the seams with quite possibly the most ballsy pop songs we have written in years.'
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 4 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 5 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 6 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 7 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 8 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 9 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 10 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
The Glasgow band first began playing performing in 1979.
But while it is officially 30-years since Simple Minds began, the band's roots can be traced to a meeting between Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill when they were both aged eight.
Last year, they played to more than 250,000 people during their sold-out European arena tour, including a performance at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert in Hyde Park.
t Tickets for Simple Minds at Blicking Hall go on sale on March 6, priced �37.50 (plus booking fee). 0871 424444, www.ticketline.co.uk
t Alternatively tickets for all Blickling Hall concerts are also available via www.eveningnews24.co.uk/shop