Simple Minds return to Blickling
Simon ParkinSimple Minds are returning to play at Blickling Hall for the first time since 2004 as they celebrate 30- years of playing live. The concert will see them perform songs from their classic album New Gold Dream.Simon Parkin
Simple Minds are returning to play at Blickling for the first time since 2004 as they celebrate 30- years of playing live.
The concert will see them perform songs from their classic album New Gold Dream, released in 1982, including hits Promised You A Miracle and Glittering Prize. The set will also include a selection of their greatest hits.
Simple Minds last played Blickling in 2004 to a sell-out crowd.
The band are to release Graffiti Soul, their first new album in four years, on May 25.
You may also want to watch:
Their 15th studio album, it was recorded at Rockfield Studios, their first visit there since New Gold Dream, and is said to be their most rocky in years.
Frontman Jim Kerr said: 'Stylistically, this is a truly vibrant rock 'n' roll album that's bursting at the seams with quite possibly the most ballsy pop songs we have written in years.'
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
The Glasgow band first began playing performing in 1979.
But while it is officially 30-years since Simple Minds began, the band's roots can be traced to a meeting between Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill when they were both aged eight.
Last year, they played to more than 250,000 people during their sold-out European arena tour, including a performance at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert in Hyde Park.
t Tickets for Simple Minds at Blicking Hall go on sale on March 6, priced �37.50 (plus booking fee). 0871 424444, www.ticketline.co.uk
t Alternatively tickets for all Blickling Hall concerts are also available via www.eveningnews24.co.uk/shop