Simple Minds return to Blickling
Simon ParkinSimple Minds are returning to play at Blickling Hall for the first time since 2004 as they celebrate 30- years of playing live. The concert will see them perform songs from their classic album New Gold Dream.Simon Parkin
Simple Minds are returning to play at Blickling for the first time since 2004 as they celebrate 30- years of playing live.
The concert will see them perform songs from their classic album New Gold Dream, released in 1982, including hits Promised You A Miracle and Glittering Prize. The set will also include a selection of their greatest hits.
Simple Minds last played Blickling in 2004 to a sell-out crowd.
The band are to release Graffiti Soul, their first new album in four years, on May 25.
Their 15th studio album, it was recorded at Rockfield Studios, their first visit there since New Gold Dream, and is said to be their most rocky in years.
Frontman Jim Kerr said: 'Stylistically, this is a truly vibrant rock 'n' roll album that's bursting at the seams with quite possibly the most ballsy pop songs we have written in years.'
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 7 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store
The Glasgow band first began playing performing in 1979.
But while it is officially 30-years since Simple Minds began, the band's roots can be traced to a meeting between Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill when they were both aged eight.
Last year, they played to more than 250,000 people during their sold-out European arena tour, including a performance at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert in Hyde Park.
t Tickets for Simple Minds at Blicking Hall go on sale on March 6, priced �37.50 (plus booking fee). 0871 424444, www.ticketline.co.uk
t Alternatively tickets for all Blickling Hall concerts are also available via www.eveningnews24.co.uk/shop