Simon Cowell denies fix claims about Norwich’s Britain’s Got Talent finalist Ronan Parke
Claims that Britain's Got Talent has been fixed for Poringland schoolboy Ronan Parke to win have been rejected by show boss Simon Cowell who has informed police about the allegations.
It has been claimed that 12-year-old Ronan was first scouted by Mr Cowell's entertainment company Syco two years ago, according to an anonymous blog.
Mr Cowell is said to have reported an offence of 'malicious communications' to police and wants them to probe the blog which was read by more than a million people yesterday.
A spokesman for Syco said: 'There is no truth in this story whatsoever. Ronan first came to Syco/Sony's attention when he entered this year's competition.
'Syco/Sony Music will not hesitate to take whatever legal action is appropriate to prevent further publication of these unfounded allegations.'
You may also want to watch:
It is feared the allegations are part of an attempt to derail the youngster's chances of success in tomorrow night's Britain's Got Talent final.
Ronan's mother Maggie said: 'I'm really angry. Ronan has worked so hard to get where he is.'
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 7 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
The youngster wowed judges with his performance of Adele's hit Make You Feel My Love and his efforts secured him a place in the final.
Mr Cowell, who has returned as a judge for the final shows of the series told the youngster: 'I wasn't crazy about your initial choice of song, but I have to say you totally and utterly nailed that.
'If Adele's watching now I think she'll be really happy.'
The blog has been taken down by a website, but Scotland Yard confirmed they were considering an allegation of malicious communications which they had received.
To see Ronan sing exclusively for the Evening News, log onto www.eveningnews24.co.uk
Ronan will perform in the live final of Britain's Got Talent tomorrow on ITV1 at 7pm