Silver Road Post Office open after relocation
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
The Silver Road Post Office, previously on Beaconsfield Road, has relocated 100 metres to 78 Silver Road.
After 16 years former postmistress Celia Wallder has retired and the new post office, which was officially opened yesterday, will now be run by postmaster Chris Johnson.
The branch will be inside the Silver Road Post Office and Stores (formerly PJs), which Mr Johnson owns, and will be a mains branch.
Opening times will be 9am-5.30pm and will offer the normal services including postal services and personal banking in addition to vehicle licensing - there will also be an extra counter.
Post office services will also be offered at the retail counter of the store which is open 5am to 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Johnson, 51, who lives on Silver Road said: 'I'm very much looking forward to it. I understand there was no negative feedback about the move during the consultation period because we are still in the local community and we're offering an extra counter.
'We've got trainers for the staff on site for six days and we have taken on the two girls from Beaconsfield Road. They've got experience and will be familiar faces to the customers.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 5 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 6 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day