Silver Road Post Office open after relocation
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
The Silver Road Post Office, previously on Beaconsfield Road, has relocated 100 metres to 78 Silver Road.
After 16 years former postmistress Celia Wallder has retired and the new post office, which was officially opened yesterday, will now be run by postmaster Chris Johnson.
The branch will be inside the Silver Road Post Office and Stores (formerly PJs), which Mr Johnson owns, and will be a mains branch.
Opening times will be 9am-5.30pm and will offer the normal services including postal services and personal banking in addition to vehicle licensing - there will also be an extra counter.
Post office services will also be offered at the retail counter of the store which is open 5am to 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Johnson, 51, who lives on Silver Road said: 'I'm very much looking forward to it. I understand there was no negative feedback about the move during the consultation period because we are still in the local community and we're offering an extra counter.
'We've got trainers for the staff on site for six days and we have taken on the two girls from Beaconsfield Road. They've got experience and will be familiar faces to the customers.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road