Silver Road Post Office open after relocation
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
The Silver Road Post Office, previously on Beaconsfield Road, has relocated 100 metres to 78 Silver Road.
After 16 years former postmistress Celia Wallder has retired and the new post office, which was officially opened yesterday, will now be run by postmaster Chris Johnson.
The branch will be inside the Silver Road Post Office and Stores (formerly PJs), which Mr Johnson owns, and will be a mains branch.
Opening times will be 9am-5.30pm and will offer the normal services including postal services and personal banking in addition to vehicle licensing - there will also be an extra counter.
Post office services will also be offered at the retail counter of the store which is open 5am to 8pm.
Mr Johnson, 51, who lives on Silver Road said: 'I'm very much looking forward to it. I understand there was no negative feedback about the move during the consultation period because we are still in the local community and we're offering an extra counter.
'We've got trainers for the staff on site for six days and we have taken on the two girls from Beaconsfield Road. They've got experience and will be familiar faces to the customers.'
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 3 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 9 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub