Silver medal for 88-year-old Norwich fencer
- Credit: Archant
An 88-year-old sportswoman has brought home a silver medal from an international fencing competition.
Connie Adam, from Earlham, in Norwich, was the oldest challenger at the European Veterans Fencing Team Championships at Medway Park in Gillingham.
But she still managed to return with her fifth medal of the year after representing Great Britain Women's Sabre Grand Veterans team.
Mrs Adam said: 'I felt good and full of energy and very proud to be part of a team to represent my country.'
During the competition, which was held earlier this month, Mrs Adam fought against competitors from Germany and France.
You may also want to watch:
And after coming second in her category, she now has more than 140 medals to her name from about 40 years of fencing.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 6 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 7 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in