Showhawk Duo are coming to Norwich next weekend
- Credit: Courtesy of UEA Box Office
Showhawk Duo are coming to Norwich next weekend to headline The Waterfront Studio on May 5 with support from Benji & Hibbz.
Young British guitarists Mikhail Asanovic and Jake Wright, better known as The Showhawk Duo, have dazzled audiences worldwide with their spectacular approach to playing the guitar.
Breaking down barriers between acoustic and electronic music, they have re-thought traditional musical structure creating their own all-encompassing genre.
Mikhail is a classically trained guitarist who studied at Manchester's RNCM whereas Jake is an electric junkie and grew up playing in rock and metal bands. Mik's classical foundation shines through in the music with Jake's raw percussive approach always keeping the crowd moving.
Whether playing old-school trance classics or modern funky house, their live shows know no boundaries. Together they create a truly unique and impressive sound, and have turned many 'acoustic' nights into a thumping rave.
You may also want to watch:
Having started out as buskers, they have since gone on to play all over the world, have made an appearance on Nick Grimshaw's BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show and performed at some of the UK's biggest festivals including Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, Wilderness, Boomtown, Isle of Wight and the main stage of Bestival in 2016.
The band have also performed alongside Bastille and Queen at the Singapore Grand Prix and supported Martin Solveig in Dubai.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 6 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 7 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 8 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
Showhawk Duo have amassed millions of hits online on their viral videos which has led to them embarking on their biggest headline tour to date, 'Welcome To The Acoustic Rave', which will see them visit numerous venues across the UK, stopping in Norwich on May 5.
Tickets for the show are available for £19.80 advance from the UEA Box Office website.