The Norwich man with the best view in the house at the World Cup
- Credit: Archant
A man from Norwich admits he often has to pinch himself in his line of work.
Mat Wayne runs his own company, Showglu, working freelance as a producer and floor manager for major sports events across the world.
He is currently producing Guy Mowbray's BBC commentary team for the World Cup and has just landed in Samara ahead of England's quarter final with Sweden.
The team have completed 14 internal flights and the Three Lions' must-win match will be their 11th of the tournament.
Mr Wayne, who lives in Wicklewood, said: 'Everyone has been funny about Russia but it is just the most beautiful country and the people are all so delightful.
You may also want to watch:
'I sit next to Guy and keep a log of the match, and I watch the match while he watches replays. You pinch yourself a lot of the time.
'My nerves were shot for the penalties - Danny Murphy couldn't sit down.'
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later