Show your support and help Norwich firm FXHOME win business mentoring from Dragon’s Den star Deborah Meaden
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich-based company is on the verge of receiving mentoring advice from Dragon's Den star Deborarh Meaden after reaching the final of a national competition.
FXHOME is one of eleven companies short-listed for the final of the Local Business Accelerators competition (LBA), the local media industry's campaign to celebrate local businesses.
Judges reviewed the nominated businesses and whittled them down to create the regions and nations shortlist from across the UK.
The next phase of the competition is a week long public vote to select a People's Choice winner, an additional award to the overall LBA winner.
Chaired by Dragons' Den star Deborah Meaden, LBA ambassador, the judging panel consisted of CBI acting director for competitive markets Tom Thackray, Mail on Sunday small business editor Vicki Owen, ICAEW business director Stephen Ibbotson, Local Media Works chairman Craig Nayman, and News Media Association deputy chief executive Lynne Anderson.
Joshua Davies, CEO of FXHOME, said: 'We are absolutely thrilled to hear that we have been shortlisted for the Local Business Accelerators competition! We are deeply proud of our Norwich roots and hope this news helps raise the profile of our exciting local tech community.'
Joshua Davies, CEO
- 1 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Demolition of former Tesco begins as historic business returns to city
- 3 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Posh hotel gets one-star food hygiene rating
- 6 'It was inevitable': Neighbours' horror as crews tackle heath blaze
- 7 Call for tougher action on 'inconsiderate' pavement parkers
- 8 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 9 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 10 Police hunt wanted man in Norwich
The businesses were judged on criteria including originality of the business idea, their finances, communication skills, contribution to the local community, and their potential to benefit from free local newspaper advertising.
One outstanding business will go on to be crowned the overall winner of the competition and claim a prize package which includes business mentoring from Dragon's Den Star Deborah Meaden and free advertising in their local paper, as well as £1,000 worth of business advice from an ICAEW chartered accountant and free entry to three CBI events for small businesses. The overall LBA winner and People's Choice winner will be announced on Thursday March 31.
To find out more about all of the 11 nominated businesses and to vote for FXHOME click here