SHOPPING: Home accessories for every budget
Abigail SaltmarshAs new ranges of home accessories hit the high street stores ABIGAIL SALTMARSH looks at what's available for those who are either 'skinted' or 'minted'Abigail Saltmarsh
As new ranges of home accessories hit the high street stores ABIGAIL SALTMARSH looks at what's available for those who are either 'skinted' or 'minted'
With the beginning of 2010 come not only the sales of last year's hot home accessories but also the launch of some exciting new ranges.
At this time of year many of us are scraping together the pennies and if there's something new we need we will definitely be looking for a bargain.
You may also want to watch:
Others, however, may have been saving, allocating some of the household budget for splashing out on that special something for the home that they've been waiting for.
Out there on the high streets of Norwich and in some of the independent shops around Norfolk, as well as on the internet, there are certainly some eye-catching items to choose from.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 8 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
Vibrant cushions that will transform a space by bringing in a splash of different colour, elegant candlesticks that will bring a touch of glamour to your room and stylish ornaments that could well become talking pieces whenever you have visitors.
So whether you are 'skinted' or 'minted' - looking for something at a reduced price or are happy to pay a little more - there's plenty out there to have a look at.
Main picture: Left to right from top:
Black flower vase, �40, House of Fraser, www.houseoffraser.co.uk
Black flower vase, �5, Asda, www.asda.co.uk
John Rocha textured moon vase �10, Debenhams, www.debenhams.com
Sphere vase, �8, Asda, www.asda.co.uk
Betty Jackson black anemone rug, �100, Debenhams, www.debenhams.com
(Below) Classic rose rug, �49.98, B&Q, www.diy.com
Ella Doran Polo shirts storage box, �11, John Lewis, www.johnlewis.com
(Below) Red checked rose storage boxes, �2 to �5, QS, www.qsgroup.co.uk
Original red 1227 anglepoise lamp, �127, John Lewis, www.johnlewis.com
(Right) Retro red anglepoise lamp, �20, Tesco, www.tesco.com
Flower tea light holder, �16, House of Fraser, www.houseoffraser.co.uk
(Below) Waterlily tea light holder, �2.98, B&Q, www.diy.com
Collage by Linea striped salsa cushion, �30, House of Fraser, www.houseoffraser.co.uk
(Right) Striped velour cushion, QS, �8, www.qsgroup.co.uk