SHOPPING: Home accessories for every budget
Abigail SaltmarshAs new ranges of home accessories hit the high street stores ABIGAIL SALTMARSH looks at what's available for those who are either 'skinted' or 'minted'Abigail Saltmarsh
As new ranges of home accessories hit the high street stores ABIGAIL SALTMARSH looks at what's available for those who are either 'skinted' or 'minted'
With the beginning of 2010 come not only the sales of last year's hot home accessories but also the launch of some exciting new ranges.
At this time of year many of us are scraping together the pennies and if there's something new we need we will definitely be looking for a bargain.
You may also want to watch:
Others, however, may have been saving, allocating some of the household budget for splashing out on that special something for the home that they've been waiting for.
Out there on the high streets of Norwich and in some of the independent shops around Norfolk, as well as on the internet, there are certainly some eye-catching items to choose from.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
Vibrant cushions that will transform a space by bringing in a splash of different colour, elegant candlesticks that will bring a touch of glamour to your room and stylish ornaments that could well become talking pieces whenever you have visitors.
So whether you are 'skinted' or 'minted' - looking for something at a reduced price or are happy to pay a little more - there's plenty out there to have a look at.
Main picture: Left to right from top:
Black flower vase, �40, House of Fraser, www.houseoffraser.co.uk
Black flower vase, �5, Asda, www.asda.co.uk
John Rocha textured moon vase �10, Debenhams, www.debenhams.com
Sphere vase, �8, Asda, www.asda.co.uk
Betty Jackson black anemone rug, �100, Debenhams, www.debenhams.com
(Below) Classic rose rug, �49.98, B&Q, www.diy.com
Ella Doran Polo shirts storage box, �11, John Lewis, www.johnlewis.com
(Below) Red checked rose storage boxes, �2 to �5, QS, www.qsgroup.co.uk
Original red 1227 anglepoise lamp, �127, John Lewis, www.johnlewis.com
(Right) Retro red anglepoise lamp, �20, Tesco, www.tesco.com
Flower tea light holder, �16, House of Fraser, www.houseoffraser.co.uk
(Below) Waterlily tea light holder, �2.98, B&Q, www.diy.com
Collage by Linea striped salsa cushion, �30, House of Fraser, www.houseoffraser.co.uk
(Right) Striped velour cushion, QS, �8, www.qsgroup.co.uk