Shoppers urged to support care campaign launch in Norwich
People are being urged to attend tomorrow's Cut Cake Not Care launch in Norwich.
Age UK Norfolk and Age UK Norwich are calling on Norfolk County Council to think again about �11 million of proposed cuts to preventative care services in the next two years.
It is feared these short-term cash savings will make it more likely people will suffer from more serious conditions, which will result in bigger care bills for the taxpayer.
The Evening News-backed campaign wants to make sure councillors are aware of the impact their decisions could have across the county.
The campaign launch will take place at Tesco, Harford Bridges, Ipswich Road. Shoppers are invited to show their support by coming along to the stand to sign a postcard and enjoy a slice of cake or a mince pie, anytime from 9am to 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council says it is developing several ideas to help improve care for older people, including creating a �1.5 million preventative fund.
Officials say this will allow individuals or groups to bid for money to help meet their needs.
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development