In this week's diary Sheriff of Norwich Derek James reports on a marathon fundraising effort.
From runners to retired police officers and hundreds of members of the WI, I have been it has been another memorable week as your sheriff.
I'm not sure where Andy McMenemy is now, but last Saturday this tough guy was in Eaton Park as part of his Challenge 66 attempt – running 66 marathons in 66 UK cities in 66 consecutive days.
That takes a bit of doing.
Andy is running flat out to raise money and awareness of ABF, The Soldier's Charity, which helps soldiers, former soldiers and their families and does a brilliant job.
You may also want to watch:
In Norwich he was given a warm welcome by all those taking part in the Norwich Parkrun, which is at 9am every Saturday morning.
A whole bunch of people, of all ages and all degrees of fitness, turned up for a 5km run and Andy joined them saying: 'It's really good to see so many people running and having a good time.'
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 6 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 9 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
If you fancy a run, or a jog, in good company then the Norwich parkrun is free but you need to register at www.parkrun.org.uk