In this week's diary Sheriff of Norwich Derek James reports on a marathon fundraising effort.
From runners to retired police officers and hundreds of members of the WI, I have been it has been another memorable week as your sheriff.
I'm not sure where Andy McMenemy is now, but last Saturday this tough guy was in Eaton Park as part of his Challenge 66 attempt – running 66 marathons in 66 UK cities in 66 consecutive days.
That takes a bit of doing.
Andy is running flat out to raise money and awareness of ABF, The Soldier's Charity, which helps soldiers, former soldiers and their families and does a brilliant job.
You may also want to watch:
In Norwich he was given a warm welcome by all those taking part in the Norwich Parkrun, which is at 9am every Saturday morning.
A whole bunch of people, of all ages and all degrees of fitness, turned up for a 5km run and Andy joined them saying: 'It's really good to see so many people running and having a good time.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 7 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 8 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 9 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 10 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
If you fancy a run, or a jog, in good company then the Norwich parkrun is free but you need to register at www.parkrun.org.uk