In this week's diary Sheriff of Norwich Derek James reports on a marathon fundraising effort.
From runners to retired police officers and hundreds of members of the WI, I have been it has been another memorable week as your sheriff.
I'm not sure where Andy McMenemy is now, but last Saturday this tough guy was in Eaton Park as part of his Challenge 66 attempt – running 66 marathons in 66 UK cities in 66 consecutive days.
That takes a bit of doing.
Andy is running flat out to raise money and awareness of ABF, The Soldier's Charity, which helps soldiers, former soldiers and their families and does a brilliant job.
You may also want to watch:
In Norwich he was given a warm welcome by all those taking part in the Norwich Parkrun, which is at 9am every Saturday morning.
A whole bunch of people, of all ages and all degrees of fitness, turned up for a 5km run and Andy joined them saying: 'It's really good to see so many people running and having a good time.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 8 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 9 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 10 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
If you fancy a run, or a jog, in good company then the Norwich parkrun is free but you need to register at www.parkrun.org.uk