Shed Seven are set to play a sell out show at The Nick Rayns LCR in Norwich
- Credit: Tom Oxley
Shed Seven are coming to Norwich to play a sold out headline show at The Nick Rayns LCR after the announcment of their first studio album in 16 years.
Formed in York back in 1990 the band comprises of lead vocalist Rick Witter, lead guitarist Paul Banks, bass guitarist Tom Gladwin, guitarist and keyboardist Joe Johnson and drummer Alan Leach.
The band, who have several hit albums and 16 top 40 singles including the likes of 'Chasing Rainbows', 'Disco Down', 'Going for Gold', 'On Standby', 'She Left Me on Friday' and 'Getting Better' returned to the studio to record the highly anticipated new album 'Instant Pleasures' which was released on November 10, 2017.
To celebrate the release of their new studio album Shed Seven are going on an extensive UK tour throughout December.
'The Sheds' consistently sell out concerts across the UK and abroad, playing to a huge and ever-growing following with their acclaimed and energetic live shows.
You may also want to watch:
After two years of writing new songs, they decided that now was the time to commit to the release of a highly anticipated studio album.
'We've spent the last couple of years writing and demo-ing secretly and have more than an album's worth of material that we can't wait to share with you. We feel now is the right time,' explained frontman Rick before the release of the new album.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
'We're looking forward to 'Shedcember' where it will be business as usual, you'll get to hear all the songs you rightly should expect to hear but this time with a light sprinkling of new music to top it all off.'
'Thanks for all the support over the years, we're really excited about this new chapter for Shed Seven and hope you'll continue to be part of the journey with us, and trust me, this album will be well worth the wait.'
Tickets for the rest of their tour dates are available from their website,
December UK tour dates:
01 - Glasgow O2 Academy
02 - Newcastle O2 Academy
04 - Blackburn King Georges Hall
05 - Stoke Victoria Hall
07 - Cardiff Uni Y'Plas
08 - Nottingham Rock City
09 - Sheffield O2 Academy
11 - Norwich The Nick Rayns LCR, UEA
12 - Bournemouth O2 Academy
14 - Bristol O2 Academy 1
15 - Birmingham O2 Academy 1
16 - London O2 Brixton Academy
18 - Leeds O2 Academy
21 - Hull City Hall
22 - Manchester Academy 1