The secret rooftop terrace in Norwich you never knew existed
- Credit: Archant
Everyone knows the Rooftop Gardens in the Union Building but there is a second rooftop bar in the city that not many people have heard of.
Shabby chic Norwich bar Gonzo's Tea Room first opened in 68 London Street in 2014 and has become a hugely popular day and night spot.
The bar serves food throughout the day including dirty burgers, wings by the pound and loaded fries.
In the evening the plush sofas are whisked away and the downstairs area is turned into a dancefloor with DJ's, live music and comedy nights.
But fans of the quirky bar will now be able to enjoy its tasty cocktails with city views in Gonzo's new rooftop terrace.
You may also want to watch:
The garden covers the entire roof and includes picnic benches and hammocks and a bar which also serves G&T slushies.
READ MORE: Italian wine cafe chain set to open in NorwichBrad Baxter, owner of Gonzo's Tea Room, said: 'It was a no brainer to open the rooftop bar and people have been telling me what a good idea it is and we are pretty fortunate to have such a big rooftop area.
'The decoration in our downstairs area is always changing and I will be doing the same with the rooftop.
'People have really enjoyed it and I hear people going up the stairs saying how may steps there are but when they get to the top it's all worth it. READ MORE: You can now enjoy rooftop afternoon tea in Norwich and it looks delicious'The rooftop will be open until late September then I plan to open every summer.'
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 7 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 10 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
The garden is currently open from midday to 10pm each day and Mr Baxter has applied to the council to open until 12pm from next summer.