Norwich coffee shop brand to open second store in city
- Credit: Callum Painter
A Norwich coffee shop brand is expanding its business to a second store in the city.
The original Artel shop, seating just six people and rumoured to be one of the smallest coffee shops in the UK, opened on Wensum Street in 2015.
Now business partners Nicole Mitchell and Kieran Harper are in the process of creating a larger space for patrons to enjoy on London Street.
Miss Mitchell said: 'Our brand has expanded over the last three years and we want a larger space to share our vision and ethos.
'In the new space we will be serving a brunch menu unlike anything else in Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
The new store will have enough room to serve up to 60 customers and plans are in place to start a design studio on the top floor. The owners aim for 'Artel Studio' to offer graphic design services as well as a platform for local artists in the Norwich community.
Miss Mitchell and Mr Harper are currently Crowdfunding their venture, saying:
- 1 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 2 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 3 First Bus investigates 'racist incident' involving driver and girl, 14
- 4 School told to improve three times since 2015 praised by Ofsted
- 5 Fourth time lucky as couple marry at last - with guests!
- 6 Parents open up after teen son's near-fatal motorbike crash
- 7 Norwich man's £500k pay-out for brain injury suffered in work accident
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 10 'They're like family': Punters queue outside pubs on reopening day
'We are inviting Norwich to get involved with our Crowdfunder to encourage our community to feel like they have some kind of ownership to make everyone feel comfortable at Artel.
'The money will go towards building the new shop. We have created great value rewards such as coffee, brunches, supper club tickets, prints from local Norwich artists and more.'
The original Artel coffee shop on Wensum Street will remain open when the new store opens.
You can find the Crowdfunding page at crowdfunder.co.uk/artelstore.