Norwich coffee shop brand to open second store in city
- Credit: Callum Painter
A Norwich coffee shop brand is expanding its business to a second store in the city.
The original Artel shop, seating just six people and rumoured to be one of the smallest coffee shops in the UK, opened on Wensum Street in 2015.
Now business partners Nicole Mitchell and Kieran Harper are in the process of creating a larger space for patrons to enjoy on London Street.
Miss Mitchell said: 'Our brand has expanded over the last three years and we want a larger space to share our vision and ethos.
'In the new space we will be serving a brunch menu unlike anything else in Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
The new store will have enough room to serve up to 60 customers and plans are in place to start a design studio on the top floor. The owners aim for 'Artel Studio' to offer graphic design services as well as a platform for local artists in the Norwich community.
Miss Mitchell and Mr Harper are currently Crowdfunding their venture, saying:
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
'We are inviting Norwich to get involved with our Crowdfunder to encourage our community to feel like they have some kind of ownership to make everyone feel comfortable at Artel.
'The money will go towards building the new shop. We have created great value rewards such as coffee, brunches, supper club tickets, prints from local Norwich artists and more.'
The original Artel coffee shop on Wensum Street will remain open when the new store opens.
You can find the Crowdfunding page at crowdfunder.co.uk/artelstore.