Norwich coffee shop brand to open second store in city
- Credit: Callum Painter
A Norwich coffee shop brand is expanding its business to a second store in the city.
The original Artel shop, seating just six people and rumoured to be one of the smallest coffee shops in the UK, opened on Wensum Street in 2015.
Now business partners Nicole Mitchell and Kieran Harper are in the process of creating a larger space for patrons to enjoy on London Street.
Miss Mitchell said: 'Our brand has expanded over the last three years and we want a larger space to share our vision and ethos.
'In the new space we will be serving a brunch menu unlike anything else in Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
The new store will have enough room to serve up to 60 customers and plans are in place to start a design studio on the top floor. The owners aim for 'Artel Studio' to offer graphic design services as well as a platform for local artists in the Norwich community.
Miss Mitchell and Mr Harper are currently Crowdfunding their venture, saying:
- 1 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 6 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 7 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 'Too big for Royal Arcade' - boss on why Langleys has split up
- 10 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
'We are inviting Norwich to get involved with our Crowdfunder to encourage our community to feel like they have some kind of ownership to make everyone feel comfortable at Artel.
'The money will go towards building the new shop. We have created great value rewards such as coffee, brunches, supper club tickets, prints from local Norwich artists and more.'
The original Artel coffee shop on Wensum Street will remain open when the new store opens.
You can find the Crowdfunding page at crowdfunder.co.uk/artelstore.