Norwich coffee shop brand to open second store in city
- Credit: Callum Painter
A Norwich coffee shop brand is expanding its business to a second store in the city.
The original Artel shop, seating just six people and rumoured to be one of the smallest coffee shops in the UK, opened on Wensum Street in 2015.
Now business partners Nicole Mitchell and Kieran Harper are in the process of creating a larger space for patrons to enjoy on London Street.
Miss Mitchell said: 'Our brand has expanded over the last three years and we want a larger space to share our vision and ethos.
'In the new space we will be serving a brunch menu unlike anything else in Norwich.'
The new store will have enough room to serve up to 60 customers and plans are in place to start a design studio on the top floor. The owners aim for 'Artel Studio' to offer graphic design services as well as a platform for local artists in the Norwich community.
Miss Mitchell and Mr Harper are currently Crowdfunding their venture, saying:
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 6 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 9 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 10 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
'We are inviting Norwich to get involved with our Crowdfunder to encourage our community to feel like they have some kind of ownership to make everyone feel comfortable at Artel.
'The money will go towards building the new shop. We have created great value rewards such as coffee, brunches, supper club tickets, prints from local Norwich artists and more.'
The original Artel coffee shop on Wensum Street will remain open when the new store opens.
You can find the Crowdfunding page at crowdfunder.co.uk/artelstore.