Search under way for Lowestoft woman
Hayley MaceThe police helicopter and dog unit have been searching for woman who was seen in an agitated state in Lowestoft earlier today.Police are trying to trace the woman, who was seen climbing on the gates near St Michael's Church in Oulton, at about 10.Hayley Mace
The police helicopter and dog unit have been searching for woman who was seen in an agitated state in Lowestoft earlier today.
Police are trying to trace the woman, who was seen climbing on the gates near St Michael's Church in Oulton, at about 10.30am.
Officers were called by a member of the public who was concerned for the woman, who appeared to be acting strangely, climbing on the gates and waving her arms around.
She was white, with short blonde hair, in her 40s to early 50s, around 5ft 10ins tall, of slim build and wearing glasses, a cream fleece and a dark-coloured bodywarmer and trousers.
You may also want to watch:
The man asked her if she was OK, but she just mumbled back at him and he called police because he was concerned.
Officers immediately attended and started to search for the woman, but despite both a dog unit and a helicopter being deployed, as well as officers on the ground, they have so far been unable to locate her.
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 3 Vigil begins as body of 'selfless' nurse arrives at cathedral
- 4 Councillor questions need for new homes plan near Norwich
- 5 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 6 New £1.9m council car park gets go-ahead despite opposition
- 7 'It's family and it was taken away' - how pandemic hit hospitality staff
- 8 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 9 What a view: Unique apartment in former Norwich school is for sale
- 10 Woman who stole from vulnerable woman has to pay back £2000
A Suffolk police spokesman said: 'As the area around the church is very rural, there are concerns for her welfare but it is possible she may be at home and has not realised that a search is underway for her, so police are asking her or anyone who may know who she is to get in touch with the duty sergeant at Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835300.'