Search under way for Lowestoft woman
Hayley MaceThe police helicopter and dog unit have been searching for woman who was seen in an agitated state in Lowestoft earlier today.Police are trying to trace the woman, who was seen climbing on the gates near St Michael's Church in Oulton, at about 10.Hayley Mace
The police helicopter and dog unit have been searching for woman who was seen in an agitated state in Lowestoft earlier today.
Police are trying to trace the woman, who was seen climbing on the gates near St Michael's Church in Oulton, at about 10.30am.
Officers were called by a member of the public who was concerned for the woman, who appeared to be acting strangely, climbing on the gates and waving her arms around.
She was white, with short blonde hair, in her 40s to early 50s, around 5ft 10ins tall, of slim build and wearing glasses, a cream fleece and a dark-coloured bodywarmer and trousers.
The man asked her if she was OK, but she just mumbled back at him and he called police because he was concerned.
Officers immediately attended and started to search for the woman, but despite both a dog unit and a helicopter being deployed, as well as officers on the ground, they have so far been unable to locate her.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 3 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 4 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 5 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 6 'She died alone': Plea to raise funds for Ruth who died before Christmas
- 7 Owner of 'thriving' cheesecake business now looking to open shop
- 8 'It drives my wife crazy' - See inside Norwich fan's footy mancave
- 9 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 10 Road plunged into darkness after street light not fixed for two months
A Suffolk police spokesman said: 'As the area around the church is very rural, there are concerns for her welfare but it is possible she may be at home and has not realised that a search is underway for her, so police are asking her or anyone who may know who she is to get in touch with the duty sergeant at Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835300.'