Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- Credit: Ross Mathieson
Two Hollywood actors were customers at a Norwich hair salon on back-to-back days after lockdown.
Harry Van Gorkum and Sean Harris of Mission Impossible decided to go to Truman's on Elm Hill to get their hair trimmed on Thursday and Friday last week.
Ross Mathieson, who is a barber at Truman's, said he had not recognised Mr Harris at first until a customer who had sat next to the celebrity actor on Friday pointed it out.
Mr Mathieson said Mr Harris, who was born in Lowestoft, told him he had asked other actors where to go for a haircut, but the barber was not sure if it was a coincidence to see him the day after Mr Van Gorkum.
He said: "Sean came in and was super, super quiet. It was a steady conversation but he was a nice guy.
You may also want to watch:
"He asked for a very specific cut for a role. He has been in Australia recently but he did not say much about it at all.
"Harry asked for more of a longer scissor cut and Sean was a very short crop four all over. It looks very nice like an old times haircut."
- 1 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
- 4 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 7 Murder accused did not realise man had been stabbed in 'tug-of-war' struggle
- 8 Major names coming to Norwich as big top to be erected in Cathedral Close
- 9 'Most people think I'm ditzy'-Beat The Chaser star speaks after success
- 10 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
Mr Mathieson said a friend of a friend had recommended Mr Van Gorkum who recently revealed he was nearly the eighth actor to play Doctor Who before the BBC opted for Paul McGann instead.
The actor, who moved to Norfolk from Los Angeles, and who has also appeared in Gone in 60 Seconds, Firetrap and the Pink Panther 2, has now visited Truman's three times.
Mr Harris has appeared in a huge range of films and television shows including Prometheus, Macbeth, Ashes to Ashes and Casualty, as well as Mission Impossible.