A nice place for a nap... Seal spotted dozing under Norwich bridge
- Credit: Helen Clarke
Sometimes it's nice to take a break from daily pressures and have a quick nap in a quiet spot.
That is exactly what this seal was up to as he basked in the sunshine under Carrow Bridge in Norwich this week.
The marine mammal was making the most of the weather as he rolled onto his back to sun his stomach.
The pictures were sent in by Helen Clarke who gave the mammal her seal of approval.
She said: "It was really well hidden, you had to kneel down and look under the stanchion!"
You may also want to watch:
Seals have become a more regular sight in the city centre in recent years, having been spotted fishing and feeding several times.
But fishermen are concerned about their impact on the population of carp and pike in the river, which they claim has dwindled significantly since their arrival.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 3 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 4 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 5 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 6 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 7 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 8 City sees jobs bonanza – so why are job centres overflowing?
- 9 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
- 10 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens