Schools put the finishing touches to more than 100 baby GoGoDragons!
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
With only weeks to until the launch of the GoGoDragons! sculpture trail, hundreds of school children across the county have been busy putting the finishing touches to their own 'baby' dragons.
The schools project will see more than 100 baby dragons go on display at The Forum, Intu Chapelfield, Castle Mall, Norwich Lanes and other independent retailers from July 4 until September 5.
They will join the 84 full-sized dragons which will already be on display on the city's streets.
The schools project has been organised by The Forum.
Chief executive Tim Bishop said: 'We are delighted that so many schools and youth groups took part and that potentially thousands of children are going to enjoy seeing these sculptures on display.
'The project was about creativity and heritage and making sure that as many young people as possible, from all around Norfolk, had the chance to be part of the GoGoDragons! 2015.'
After September 5 the baby dragons will go back to their schools.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 8 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 9 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
- 10 Hidden city garden opening for one day with live music and plant sale
Email your Local Life stories to firstname.lastname@example.org