Schools put the finishing touches to more than 100 baby GoGoDragons!
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
With only weeks to until the launch of the GoGoDragons! sculpture trail, hundreds of school children across the county have been busy putting the finishing touches to their own 'baby' dragons.
The schools project will see more than 100 baby dragons go on display at The Forum, Intu Chapelfield, Castle Mall, Norwich Lanes and other independent retailers from July 4 until September 5.
They will join the 84 full-sized dragons which will already be on display on the city's streets.
The schools project has been organised by The Forum.
Chief executive Tim Bishop said: 'We are delighted that so many schools and youth groups took part and that potentially thousands of children are going to enjoy seeing these sculptures on display.
'The project was about creativity and heritage and making sure that as many young people as possible, from all around Norfolk, had the chance to be part of the GoGoDragons! 2015.'
After September 5 the baby dragons will go back to their schools.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 8 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 9 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 10 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
Email your Local Life stories to firstname.lastname@example.org