Sarah Millican performs surprise set at Norwich Playhouse
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The audience at a comedy gig this weekend were 'absolutely thrilled' when Sarah Millican made a surprise appearance.
Gary Delaney gave his fans more than they bargained for on Saturday night at the Norwich Playhouse when he brought his wife and one of Britain's top comics on stage.
Gary, who is a regular on Mock the Week, was at the venue for his Gagster's Paradise UK tour and introduced Sarah after doing a pre-warm up for the crowd.
Geordie comic Sarah tried out some of her new material and it was a complete surprise to Playhouse staff and the Front of House Duty Manager was only told on the night.
Rowan Whiteside, marketing and communications officer at the Playhouse, said: 'The audience were absolutely thrilled, and there was a huge round of applause.
You may also want to watch:
'Sarah Millican was brilliant as always.
'She performed at the Playhouse several times in 2010 and before and it was a pleasure to have her back on our stage.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
'Gary Delaney is much-loved Playhouse regular and this was his second sold-out show here of 2019.
'It was another fabulous Saturday night at the Playhouse!'
James Chamberlin, aged 40 from Wymondham, who was at the gig said: 'It was a complete shock for all of the audience.
'When he said her name she got loud cheers and a big round of applause.
'She was trying some new material and I remember one joke where she said she knows the way she is going to die is looking up whilst driving on the motorway trying to spot what type of bird of prey is flying by.
'A lot were work in progress from what I remember.
'Gary's set was really good and he was relaxed with the crowd.'
The couple married in 2013 after meeting in 2006 and their relationship features heavily in Sarah's material.
Following the gig, Gary tweeted: 'Lovely show at Norwich Playhouse tonight. Great crowd.
'Struggled to get hold of a support act for tonight so I got someone called Sarah Millican to do some new stuff.
'I predict she'll go far.'