Santas get their running shoes on to help raise cash for Norfolk’s poorly children
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A Norfolk charity is hoping Christmas will come early this year for its nook appeal.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is aiming to raise £1m by December 25 towards a new hospice in Framingham Earl.
And in a bid to make that happen, it is inviting families to dress up as Santa Claus for a fun run in Eaton Park next month.
Carol Plunkett, fundraising manager, said: 'We're really excited to be hosting our first ever Santa run in Norwich and delighted to be able to host it in the beautiful surroundings of Eaton Park.'
The charity needs to raise £10m for its new children's hospice, called the nook.
You may also want to watch:
Since launching an appeal to fund the hospice in November last year, it has received around £895,000 through various events.
Mrs Plunkett, who hopes the race will raise £5,000, added: 'We have been really blown away by people's generosity because not only have we raised money for the nook appeal, but we have been able to maintain funding for our Quidenham hospice.'
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
The 2km race takes place on Sunday, December 6, at 11am.
Adult entry costs £10 and includes a Santa suit, while under 13s can enter for £6 and receive a Santa hat.
To enter visit www.each.org.uk/santarun or call the charity on: (01953) 666767.
Are you organising a fundraising event? Email email@example.com