Santas get their running shoes on to help raise cash for Norfolk’s poorly children
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A Norfolk charity is hoping Christmas will come early this year for its nook appeal.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is aiming to raise £1m by December 25 towards a new hospice in Framingham Earl.
And in a bid to make that happen, it is inviting families to dress up as Santa Claus for a fun run in Eaton Park next month.
Carol Plunkett, fundraising manager, said: 'We're really excited to be hosting our first ever Santa run in Norwich and delighted to be able to host it in the beautiful surroundings of Eaton Park.'
The charity needs to raise £10m for its new children's hospice, called the nook.
You may also want to watch:
Since launching an appeal to fund the hospice in November last year, it has received around £895,000 through various events.
Mrs Plunkett, who hopes the race will raise £5,000, added: 'We have been really blown away by people's generosity because not only have we raised money for the nook appeal, but we have been able to maintain funding for our Quidenham hospice.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 4 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 IKEA: What went wrong?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
The 2km race takes place on Sunday, December 6, at 11am.
Adult entry costs £10 and includes a Santa suit, while under 13s can enter for £6 and receive a Santa hat.
To enter visit www.each.org.uk/santarun or call the charity on: (01953) 666767.
Are you organising a fundraising event? Email email@example.com