‘I’ve left with my head held high’ - Norwich gym owner dumped from Love Island villa
- Credit: ITV
Norwich gym owner Sam Bird has been dumped from the Love Island villa following the latest recoupling.
The 25-year-old, who owns Core Fitness on Rose Lane, left the villa with fellow islander Georgia Steel.
Earlier this week the pair were given the ultimatum at the Beach Club to either leave the ITV2 programme together as a couple, or stay but split up, and they chose the latter option, surprising their fellow islanders.
But when the time finally came to face the consequences of their actions, they were unable to, and left the show.
'I feel like I've been completely true to myself and my feelings,' said Sam following his exit. 'I feel like me getting into a new couple when I didn't want to would be an ungenuine thing to do and would have been unfair on the person I was coupling up with.
You may also want to watch:
'I found my girl and it was the right time to leave and put it out to her that I wasn't happy. I've left with my head held high and a smile on my face. It wasn't a sad moment.'
He said he believed him and Georgia had one of the strongest relationships in the villa and the Beach Club split was 'very difficult'.
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
'Me and Georgia had the best day ever and had even said before that we were falling for each other,' he said. 'It was difficult to hear but we owed it to ourselves to have this small test.
'We wanted to really test the feelings we had for each other and make sure it was real. It was an amazing decision because we are now much stronger.'
Backing Jack Fincham and Dani Dyer to win the show, Sam said he can imagine them being engaged by next year.
'They've had their tests as well, like Jack's ex and their time apart. They passed them with flying colours.
'They are genuinely in love. I see them around the villa and it's nice to see and it's something I aspire to have.'
Sam added that he had no regrets in the villa and becoming a real life Fireman Sam was his favourite moment.
'Every situation I have been true to myself and been genuine. I gave each couple 100pc and tried it and if it didn't work I moved on and tried to do it in the best possible way.
'As soon as I realised I was in a couple that didn't feel right, I tried to be honest. It worked in my favour as when I did find the person I did like which was Georgia, it felt right.'
Love Island continues on ITV2