Sainsbury’s Pound Lane announces Norfolk Family Carers as new charity partner
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich supermarket has named the charity it will be supporting for the next year.
Sainsbury's Pound Lane, has announced that following a customer vote its new charity partner for 2018 will be Norfolk Family Carers.
Formerly known as Norfolk Carers Support, the organisation supports family carers offering advice, financial help and counselling services. Jason Symonds, store manager at Sainsbury's Pound Lane said: 'We're really excited to be working with Norfolk Family Carers, supporting such a fantastic cause. Everyone is looking forward to working together for a successful partnership.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Family Carers said: 'We're delighted to be named the new local charity partner for Sainsbury's Pound Lane. We'd like to thank everyone who voted for us, becoming the local charity partner will make a huge difference to us.'
The Sainsbury's local charity scheme is now entering its tenth year, last year the Pound Land store supported the eating disorder charity Beat.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 4 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Hundreds potentially put at risk as council homes safety inspections missed
- 8 Four Norwich city green spaces among best in UK
- 9 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed
- 10 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes