Sainsbury’s Pound Lane announces Norfolk Family Carers as new charity partner
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich supermarket has named the charity it will be supporting for the next year.
Sainsbury's Pound Lane, has announced that following a customer vote its new charity partner for 2018 will be Norfolk Family Carers.
Formerly known as Norfolk Carers Support, the organisation supports family carers offering advice, financial help and counselling services. Jason Symonds, store manager at Sainsbury's Pound Lane said: 'We're really excited to be working with Norfolk Family Carers, supporting such a fantastic cause. Everyone is looking forward to working together for a successful partnership.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Family Carers said: 'We're delighted to be named the new local charity partner for Sainsbury's Pound Lane. We'd like to thank everyone who voted for us, becoming the local charity partner will make a huge difference to us.'
The Sainsbury's local charity scheme is now entering its tenth year, last year the Pound Land store supported the eating disorder charity Beat.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk