Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts’ latest exhibition focuses on Japanese photography
- Credit: Kikuji Kawada
A trio of Japanese photographers are the focus of the latest exhibition at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts in Norwich.
Masters of Japanese Photography opened this month and runs until March.
Monserrat Pis Marcos, curator of the exhibition, said: 'Masters of Japanese Photography offers an unmissable chance to discover the work of three living artists who have significantly impacted the development of contemporary Japanese
From Nobuyoshi Araki's exuberant flowers to Eikoh Hosoe's lyrical portraits to Kikuji Kawada's unsettling skies, the 65 prints are said to provide a snapshot of the natural beauty and complex society of modern Japan. The Sainsbury Centre, which has a strong connection to Japan with its collections including Asian objects and artifacts, has collaborated with the Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts and Cultures (SISJAC) to develop the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
This latest art show is running alongside the Sainsbury Centre's Fiji: Art and Life in the Pacific exhibition which has attracted thousands of visitors since it opened in October and will run until February.
Penelope Lucas, from the Sainsbury Centre, said: 'We have seen thousands of visitors since the exhibition opened on 15 October. The exhibition has been hugely well received.'
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 3 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 4 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 5 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 6 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 7 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 10 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
For more about both exhibitions, visit www.scva.ac.uk