Ruth Madoc to miss Norwich Theatre Royal performances after breaking hip
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Ruth Madoc was due to appear in Calendar Girls at the Theatre Royal in Norwich next week.
The Norfolk born comedy actress has been forced to pull out of the Calendar Girls theatre tour after she fell and broke her hip on Thursday.
Madoc, 75, who is most famous for her role as Gladys Pugh in BBC's Hi-de-Hi!, was due to appear in a five day run of the musical Calendar Girls at Norwich Theatre Royal from Tuesday, February 5 to Saturday, February 16.
The actress will now, however, have to bow out of the limelight until she has fully recovered.
A statement from the show said: 'The producers, cast and crew of Calendar Girls the Musical wish her a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming her back very soon.'
You may also want to watch:
Speaking last year about returning to Norwich Theatre Royal, where she previously performed in the play version of the now musical, Madoc said: 'I know the Theatre Royal extremely well. I must have been about four when I saw a pantomime there... I've been back to Norwich Theatre Royal many, many times.'
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city