Rugby club’s beer festival also a 50th birthday celebration
A rugby club is celebrating its 50th birthday at its annual beer festival and live music event later this month.
Twenty-five real ales and ciders from Norfolk will be on offer at The Crusaders rugby football club's annual event, which will be held at its home in Little Melton, near Hethersett, from Friday, July 22 to Sunday, July 24.
Events co-ordinator Maurice Durrant said: 'We started the beer festival about three years ago and have since made it an annual event, which has grown every year.
'This year is also special as it's the 50th anniversary of the rugby club.'
Attendees will be able to bring their caravans and camp at the club for the duration of the event, which will feature live music from 'Who's The Band' from 8pm to 11pm on Friday, July 22, and 'The Rum Brothers' from 2pm until 4.30pm, and 'Second to None' from 8pm to 11pm, both on Saturday, July 23.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Durrant added: 'People can camp for the weekend, although it's not quite at the Glastonbury level. The Murderers pub from Norwich is helping and Winters brewery, also from Norwich, is accessing all the ales for us.
'We have had superb weather the last couple of years, so we are hoping for the same again.'
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
People can camp & caravan on site for �8 per night or �15 for the weekend and this includes one person's entry to the beer festival. Showers available on site with breakfast if required Saturday and Sunday. Normal entry is �3 per person for one night or �5 for the weekend.