Rugby club’s beer festival also a 50th birthday celebration
A rugby club is celebrating its 50th birthday at its annual beer festival and live music event later this month.
Twenty-five real ales and ciders from Norfolk will be on offer at The Crusaders rugby football club's annual event, which will be held at its home in Little Melton, near Hethersett, from Friday, July 22 to Sunday, July 24.
Events co-ordinator Maurice Durrant said: 'We started the beer festival about three years ago and have since made it an annual event, which has grown every year.
'This year is also special as it's the 50th anniversary of the rugby club.'
Attendees will be able to bring their caravans and camp at the club for the duration of the event, which will feature live music from 'Who's The Band' from 8pm to 11pm on Friday, July 22, and 'The Rum Brothers' from 2pm until 4.30pm, and 'Second to None' from 8pm to 11pm, both on Saturday, July 23.
Mr Durrant added: 'People can camp for the weekend, although it's not quite at the Glastonbury level. The Murderers pub from Norwich is helping and Winters brewery, also from Norwich, is accessing all the ales for us.
'We have had superb weather the last couple of years, so we are hoping for the same again.'
- 1 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 5 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
- 10 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
People can camp & caravan on site for �8 per night or �15 for the weekend and this includes one person's entry to the beer festival. Showers available on site with breakfast if required Saturday and Sunday. Normal entry is �3 per person for one night or �5 for the weekend.