Ronan Parke set for Norwich signing
Norfolk's homegrown talent Ronan Parke returned to his roots for his first local performance at the weekend.
The 13-year-old singer from Poringland, who was runner up in this year's Britain's Got Talent, appeared at Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton on Friday and Sunday.
He will be coming back home this Friday when he will meet fans and sign autographs at HMV in Gentleman's Walk, Norwich.
Ronan said: 'My performances at Potters went really well; it was a really good crowd.
'It was nice to be performing back in Norfolk and seeing my family as I had been away for a whole week doing promotion for the album.'
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman for Potters Richard Lennox said: 'Ronan was fantastic.
'He had a crowd of about 800 people on Sunday and it would have been near enough the same on Friday night.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
'He sang five songs – Forget You, Songbird, Stronger Than I Am, A Thousand Miles and Feeling Good.
'He was on stage for about 20 minutes to half an hour as part of a full show by our resident theatre company.'
Potters sales co-ordinator, Lisa Aldis added: 'He was so good I nearly cried. I have never seen a singer who is so good. For such a little person he has such a good voice.'
Since he shot to fame, he has toured the country singing and making guest appearances.
Speaking about his self-titled album, which was released yesterday, Ronan said: 'I'm really excited about it; I hope people like it. My favourite track is Fix You.'
He said thousands of his fans, dubbed Ronanators, had been holding parties over the weekend to celebrate the release of the album.
While most 13 year olds will be relaxing and enjoying the half term break this week, Ronan will spend every day promoting his album.
'My life has really changed. Having an album out now is great.
'If I didn't enter Britain's Got Talent, I would be sitting down at home and it would be normal life. It's crazy; it's a big dream for me.'
The album includes covers of Nina Simone's Feeling Good, Kelly Clarkson's Because of You and Make You Feel My Love by Adele, both of which he performed during his time on Britain's Got Talent.
The album also features a track written by Gary Barlow, Stronger Than I Am.
Ronan will be at HMV in Gentleman's Walk, Norwich, on Friday at 5pm.
Have you got a story for the Evening News? Call reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org