Rock 'n' roll charity night
Derek JamesIt's one of the best rock tribute shows on the road and it is rolling into Norwich later this month to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.Derek James
It's one of the best rock tribute shows on the road and it is rolling into Norwich later this month to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Guitarist and music industry veteran Chris 'Fender' Black has put together C'Mon Everybody Show honouring the pioneers of pop - Eddie Cochran, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley, Brenda Lee, Jerry lee Lewis, Connie Francis et al. 'This really is a great night out for anyone who loves rock 'n' roll and all the profits go to the air ambulance,' said Norman Illsley of Wymondham.
He and his wife Helen, along with Shirley Geyelin, devote much of their time to raising money for the air ambulance and have collected about �4,000 so far this year.
'The ambulance is so important. It's a life or death operation,' said Norman, whose group hold all kinds of events to collect as much as they can for the service. It costs more than �3.5m a year to keep the operation in the air so every fundraising event is important.
You may also want to watch:
The show arrives at Arkwrights, Hall Road, Norwich, on Friday, May 15 at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost �10 in advance or �12 on the door. Call 01953 600563 or get them from Arkwrights.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 7 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 8 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 9 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 10 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans