Rock 'n' roll charity night
Derek JamesIt's one of the best rock tribute shows on the road and it is rolling into Norwich later this month to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.Derek James
It's one of the best rock tribute shows on the road and it is rolling into Norwich later this month to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Guitarist and music industry veteran Chris 'Fender' Black has put together C'Mon Everybody Show honouring the pioneers of pop - Eddie Cochran, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley, Brenda Lee, Jerry lee Lewis, Connie Francis et al. 'This really is a great night out for anyone who loves rock 'n' roll and all the profits go to the air ambulance,' said Norman Illsley of Wymondham.
He and his wife Helen, along with Shirley Geyelin, devote much of their time to raising money for the air ambulance and have collected about �4,000 so far this year.
'The ambulance is so important. It's a life or death operation,' said Norman, whose group hold all kinds of events to collect as much as they can for the service. It costs more than �3.5m a year to keep the operation in the air so every fundraising event is important.
You may also want to watch:
The show arrives at Arkwrights, Hall Road, Norwich, on Friday, May 15 at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost �10 in advance or �12 on the door. Call 01953 600563 or get them from Arkwrights.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'