Rock 'n' roll charity night
Derek JamesIt's one of the best rock tribute shows on the road and it is rolling into Norwich later this month to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.Derek James
It's one of the best rock tribute shows on the road and it is rolling into Norwich later this month to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Guitarist and music industry veteran Chris 'Fender' Black has put together C'Mon Everybody Show honouring the pioneers of pop - Eddie Cochran, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley, Brenda Lee, Jerry lee Lewis, Connie Francis et al. 'This really is a great night out for anyone who loves rock 'n' roll and all the profits go to the air ambulance,' said Norman Illsley of Wymondham.
He and his wife Helen, along with Shirley Geyelin, devote much of their time to raising money for the air ambulance and have collected about �4,000 so far this year.
'The ambulance is so important. It's a life or death operation,' said Norman, whose group hold all kinds of events to collect as much as they can for the service. It costs more than �3.5m a year to keep the operation in the air so every fundraising event is important.
The show arrives at Arkwrights, Hall Road, Norwich, on Friday, May 15 at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost �10 in advance or �12 on the door. Call 01953 600563 or get them from Arkwrights.
- 1 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 2 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 3 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 4 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 5 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 6 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 7 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 8 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 9 'I thought it was a prank' - Steak house nominated for UK's best restaurant
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store