Rock 'n' roll charity night
Derek JamesIt's one of the best rock tribute shows on the road and it is rolling into Norwich later this month to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.Derek James
It's one of the best rock tribute shows on the road and it is rolling into Norwich later this month to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Guitarist and music industry veteran Chris 'Fender' Black has put together C'Mon Everybody Show honouring the pioneers of pop - Eddie Cochran, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley, Brenda Lee, Jerry lee Lewis, Connie Francis et al. 'This really is a great night out for anyone who loves rock 'n' roll and all the profits go to the air ambulance,' said Norman Illsley of Wymondham.
He and his wife Helen, along with Shirley Geyelin, devote much of their time to raising money for the air ambulance and have collected about �4,000 so far this year.
'The ambulance is so important. It's a life or death operation,' said Norman, whose group hold all kinds of events to collect as much as they can for the service. It costs more than �3.5m a year to keep the operation in the air so every fundraising event is important.
You may also want to watch:
The show arrives at Arkwrights, Hall Road, Norwich, on Friday, May 15 at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost �10 in advance or �12 on the door. Call 01953 600563 or get them from Arkwrights.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich