Rock and indie stage planned for Norwich festival the Norfolk Spectacular
A music festival set to deliver an award-winning line-up of rap and R&B talent has announced the addition of an indie rock stage.
The Norfolk Spectacular is broadening its musical offering by creating a separate stage featuring 22 acts just for rock fans.
Nineties rockers Terrovision have already been confirmed for the Sunday night of the two-day camping festival, which runs from Saturday, September 3 to Sunday, September 4.
Meanwhile, R&B acts Professor Green, Devlin, Alexandra Burke, Chipmunk, Example, Chase and Status Live and Eliza Doolittle will perform on the Saturday.
And on the Sunday, Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Tinchy Stryder, N-Dubz, Maverick Sabre and Yasmin will take to the R&B stage.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman for the Norfolk Spectacular, Dion Clements, said they were introducing the stage to diversify the music offered at the festival.
He said: 'We hope by introducing the indie rock stage we can bring more people into the area and cater for people with different tastes in music.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
'This is working up to be a massive event and one of the biggest festivals in the country. We want to make this an annual occasion and having seen the type of acts available to us it is turning into a two day camping festival to remember.'
More than 30,000 people are expected to descend on the Norfolk Showground, Costessey, for Norfolk's first R&B and pop festival.
Head-liners Terrorvision originally formed in 1987 and went on to have chart success with the song My House in 1994 and Tequilla in 1999, which reached number two in the UK singles chart.
Tickets cost �45 per day for the R&B event. Tickets will be sold separately for the indie rock stage at �17.50 per ticket ( including booking) and are only available from the UEA Box Office.
Camping tickets cost �110 for three nights camping and are only available at www.ticketeast.co.uk.
Disabled tickets are only available at www.ticketmaster.co.uk.
For more information visit www.norfolkspectacular.co.uk or ring the booking number on 0871 224 113.
Are you organising a big event in Norwich? Contact us on 01603 772439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org