Road accidents in Norfolk could be due to icy roads
Mary HamiltonIcy conditions may have contributed to three crashes on the county's roads this morning, including one where a car overturned.Mary Hamilton
Icy conditions may have contributed to crashes on the county's roads this morning, including two where cars overturned.
Skids and collisions in Marlingford, near Norwich airport and near Thetford may have been affected by the snow and overnight frost.
At 7.50am emergency services were called to a crash on the B1107 Brandon Road outside Thetford Golf Club, where a car had skidded and overturned.
A Norfolk police spokesman said that although the car was damaged the 35-year-old female driver was not trapped and managed to get out of the vehicle without serious injury.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today a woman was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital with head injuries after a car skidded and overturned on Short Thorn Road in Stratton Strawless at about 5.30am.
At 6.45am emergency services were called to an accident on Barford Road, Marlingford, where two vehicles had collided at the crossroads with Church Road.
- 1 NCFC transfer rumours: Canaries make approach to re-sign Skipp
- 2 Almost £2m spent on homes and land blighted by NDR Western Link
- 3 Newt discovery forces late changes to 166-home plan at old golf club
- 4 'It wasn't the best fit' - Aarons on the January bid that City turned down
- 5 Women accused of £20k shoplifting spree at store in Norwich
- 6 Pictures show huge yacht navigating Norfolk roads
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 Covid roadmap: What can you do from today?
- 9 Lord Mayor's Celebration 2021 cancelled
- 10 Girl, 15, injured in collision between pedestrian and cyclist
An ambulance service spokesman said a 60-year-old man with minor head and shoulder injuries was treated at the scene.
Three vehicles were also involved in a collision at 8.30am on Ford Street in Thetford.
The ambulance spokesman said the collision was low-impact and probably caused by the icy roads.
One 60-year-old man complaining of central neck pain was taken to West Suffolk hospital for treatment.