Road accidents in Norfolk could be due to icy roads
Mary HamiltonIcy conditions may have contributed to three crashes on the county's roads this morning, including one where a car overturned.Mary Hamilton
Icy conditions may have contributed to crashes on the county's roads this morning, including two where cars overturned.
Skids and collisions in Marlingford, near Norwich airport and near Thetford may have been affected by the snow and overnight frost.
At 7.50am emergency services were called to a crash on the B1107 Brandon Road outside Thetford Golf Club, where a car had skidded and overturned.
A Norfolk police spokesman said that although the car was damaged the 35-year-old female driver was not trapped and managed to get out of the vehicle without serious injury.
Earlier today a woman was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital with head injuries after a car skidded and overturned on Short Thorn Road in Stratton Strawless at about 5.30am.
At 6.45am emergency services were called to an accident on Barford Road, Marlingford, where two vehicles had collided at the crossroads with Church Road.
- 1 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 2 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 3 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 4 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 5 11 reasons why Norwich is the best city
- 6 Watch: A handful of protesters gather as City thumped on last day of season
- 7 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 8 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 9 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 10 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
An ambulance service spokesman said a 60-year-old man with minor head and shoulder injuries was treated at the scene.
Three vehicles were also involved in a collision at 8.30am on Ford Street in Thetford.
The ambulance spokesman said the collision was low-impact and probably caused by the icy roads.
One 60-year-old man complaining of central neck pain was taken to West Suffolk hospital for treatment.