Rivers sail into Live and Unsigned regional finals
LOCAL band, Rivers, have wowed the judging panel of the UK's biggest original music competition and sailed through the audition stage of Live and Unsigned.
Rivers will be competing against the most talented bands and artists in the country at the Regional Final Showcase of Live and Unsigned 2012 on March 17 all in a bid to make the grand final at The O2.
Rivers, who are Jake Rivers, Dave Rivers, Richie Bridge, James Burgess and Jack Pascall, all from Great Yarmouth aged between 25 to 40 battled against hundreds of auditionees to secure a spot in the live shows.
Acts that made it through auditions will now take part in a live Regional Final Showcase in front of hundreds of spectators.
The best acts will also get the opportunity to play at some of the biggest festivals in the UK from over 100 festival slots. This year's competition also offers acts an extra chance for exposure as it's being filmed for Sky TV in an exclusive fly-on-the-wall documentary.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in coming to the show to support Rivers should contact the band on their facebook page or speak to the band at one of their gigs
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed