Rivers sail into Live and Unsigned regional finals
LOCAL band, Rivers, have wowed the judging panel of the UK's biggest original music competition and sailed through the audition stage of Live and Unsigned.
Rivers will be competing against the most talented bands and artists in the country at the Regional Final Showcase of Live and Unsigned 2012 on March 17 all in a bid to make the grand final at The O2.
Rivers, who are Jake Rivers, Dave Rivers, Richie Bridge, James Burgess and Jack Pascall, all from Great Yarmouth aged between 25 to 40 battled against hundreds of auditionees to secure a spot in the live shows.
Acts that made it through auditions will now take part in a live Regional Final Showcase in front of hundreds of spectators.
The best acts will also get the opportunity to play at some of the biggest festivals in the UK from over 100 festival slots. This year's competition also offers acts an extra chance for exposure as it's being filmed for Sky TV in an exclusive fly-on-the-wall documentary.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in coming to the show to support Rivers should contact the band on their facebook page or speak to the band at one of their gigs
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 5 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'