Rise in night-time burglaries in Earlham area of Norwich
Kim BriscoeAn area of Norwich has seen a rise in night-time burglaries over the past week.Kim Briscoe
An area of Norwich has seen a rise in night-time burglaries over the past week.
Police officers are now highlighting the need for people living in the Earlham area to keep their valuables out of sight, and to keep their windows and doors locked, even when they are at home.
The rise, in particular in the West Earlham area close to the University of East Anglia, has seen thieves simply walking into homes, often in the evenings or overnight, through unlocked doors or windows and stealing items on display such as iPods, mobile phones, laptops, and computers.
For further crime prevention information and for details about local Safer Neighbourhood Teams, visit www.norfolk.police.uk or call 0845 456 4567.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich