Rise in night-time burglaries in Earlham area of Norwich
Kim BriscoeAn area of Norwich has seen a rise in night-time burglaries over the past week.Kim Briscoe
An area of Norwich has seen a rise in night-time burglaries over the past week.
Police officers are now highlighting the need for people living in the Earlham area to keep their valuables out of sight, and to keep their windows and doors locked, even when they are at home.
The rise, in particular in the West Earlham area close to the University of East Anglia, has seen thieves simply walking into homes, often in the evenings or overnight, through unlocked doors or windows and stealing items on display such as iPods, mobile phones, laptops, and computers.
For further crime prevention information and for details about local Safer Neighbourhood Teams, visit www.norfolk.police.uk or call 0845 456 4567.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
- 10 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night