Rise in night-time burglaries in Earlham area of Norwich
Kim BriscoeAn area of Norwich has seen a rise in night-time burglaries over the past week.Kim Briscoe
An area of Norwich has seen a rise in night-time burglaries over the past week.
Police officers are now highlighting the need for people living in the Earlham area to keep their valuables out of sight, and to keep their windows and doors locked, even when they are at home.
The rise, in particular in the West Earlham area close to the University of East Anglia, has seen thieves simply walking into homes, often in the evenings or overnight, through unlocked doors or windows and stealing items on display such as iPods, mobile phones, laptops, and computers.
For further crime prevention information and for details about local Safer Neighbourhood Teams, visit www.norfolk.police.uk or call 0845 456 4567.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 Norwich man wanted by police
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination