Norwich pub successful in its bid for outdoor seating, despite neighbour objections
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich pub has received permission to install outdoor seating along the pavement of a city centre bridge.
The Ribs of Beef, on Wensum Street has been successful in its bid to place six tables for two along part of Fye Bridge in the city.
However, after concerns over noise from the move were raised by neighbours, the city council's regulatory committee decided on time restrictions as mitigation.
The pub's initial application called for the seating to be permitted between 12am and 12pm, which was reduced to 11pm at the request of the police.
After a number of objections were received from neighbours though, committee members reduced this further, to 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
The pub had previously applied to place seating directly outside of its building, however, on the advice of Kieran Yates, the city council's transport planner, re-applied to instead use the bridge.
Nplaw solicitor David Lowens said that in its decision the committee had taken into account both the lack of objection from the transport planner and police and the concerns of the neighbours.
- 1 Takeaway investigated after boy in hospital with suspected food poisoning
- 2 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 3 Man fined £60 for taking 16 seconds to drop partner at hospital
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Man arrested in Norwich after appeal launched
- 6 A nice place for a nap... Seal spotted dozing under Norwich bridge
- 7 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 8 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 9 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 10 'He lived and breathed Norwich' - Glowing tributes to Dr Ian Gibson