Norwich pub successful in its bid for outdoor seating, despite neighbour objections
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich pub has received permission to install outdoor seating along the pavement of a city centre bridge.
The Ribs of Beef, on Wensum Street has been successful in its bid to place six tables for two along part of Fye Bridge in the city.
However, after concerns over noise from the move were raised by neighbours, the city council's regulatory committee decided on time restrictions as mitigation.
The pub's initial application called for the seating to be permitted between 12am and 12pm, which was reduced to 11pm at the request of the police.
After a number of objections were received from neighbours though, committee members reduced this further, to 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
The pub had previously applied to place seating directly outside of its building, however, on the advice of Kieran Yates, the city council's transport planner, re-applied to instead use the bridge.
Nplaw solicitor David Lowens said that in its decision the committee had taken into account both the lack of objection from the transport planner and police and the concerns of the neighbours.
- 1 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 6 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 7 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 8 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 9 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 10 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut