Comedian Rhod Gilbert stops by Norwich Market to pick up NCFC mug
- Credit: Andy Bowles
A Norwich Market stall received a surprise visit from a well-known stand-up comedian this week.
Rhod Gilbert stopped by On The Stall City on Tuesday morning, and posed for a photo with owner Andy Bowles' son Jacob.
The Carmarthen-born funnyman was in the Fine City ahead of his performance at Interlude later that day.
"It caught us a little by surprise," said Mr Bowles.
"He's very nice – a very pleasant guy. He just popped up on the stalls and was having a good look around the market, which was pretty buzzing yesterday in between the rain."
Mr Gilbert had a brief chat with stallholders and bought a Norwich City-themed mug.
"He didn't make any commitments to being a supporter," Mr Bowles joked.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 3 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 5 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 6 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 7 Pirates, dragons and fireworks light up Lord Mayor's celebrations
- 8 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 9 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 10 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
On The Stall City opened on Tuesday, July 20, and all profits go to NCFC's Community Sports Foundation.