Comedian Rhod Gilbert stops by Norwich Market to pick up NCFC mug
- Credit: Andy Bowles
A Norwich Market stall received a surprise visit from a well-known stand-up comedian this week.
Rhod Gilbert stopped by On The Stall City on Tuesday morning, and posed for a photo with owner Andy Bowles' son Jacob.
The Carmarthen-born funnyman was in the Fine City ahead of his performance at Interlude later that day.
"It caught us a little by surprise," said Mr Bowles.
"He's very nice – a very pleasant guy. He just popped up on the stalls and was having a good look around the market, which was pretty buzzing yesterday in between the rain."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gilbert had a brief chat with stallholders and bought a Norwich City-themed mug.
"He didn't make any commitments to being a supporter," Mr Bowles joked.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 3 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 4 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 5 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 6 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 10 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
On The Stall City opened on Tuesday, July 20, and all profits go to NCFC's Community Sports Foundation.