Comedian Rhod Gilbert stops by Norwich Market to pick up NCFC mug
- Credit: Andy Bowles
A Norwich Market stall received a surprise visit from a well-known stand-up comedian this week.
Rhod Gilbert stopped by On The Stall City on Tuesday morning, and posed for a photo with owner Andy Bowles' son Jacob.
The Carmarthen-born funnyman was in the Fine City ahead of his performance at Interlude later that day.
"It caught us a little by surprise," said Mr Bowles.
"He's very nice – a very pleasant guy. He just popped up on the stalls and was having a good look around the market, which was pretty buzzing yesterday in between the rain."
Mr Gilbert had a brief chat with stallholders and bought a Norwich City-themed mug.
"He didn't make any commitments to being a supporter," Mr Bowles joked.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 8 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 9 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 10 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
On The Stall City opened on Tuesday, July 20, and all profits go to NCFC's Community Sports Foundation.