Review: RavenEye, Waterfront, Norwich, worth their reputation as one of the best upcoming bands
- Credit: Archant
RavenEye have had a tremendous year. The Download festival and supporting Aerosmith in Portugal have been just two of the highlights as Oli Brown and friends continue to cement their reputation as one of the best up-and-coming bands on the live circuit.
But at the Waterfront, where they were playing in support of Bush, they proved they are just as happy playing to a smaller crowd in a more intimate venue.
Ahead of this show, North Walsham boy Brown had told the EDP that he loves coming back to the Waterfront, and tonight it shows.
Aaron Spiers on bass and Adam Breeze on drums are having an equally good time, and their playing and the quality of their songs really stand out.
The likes of Breaking Out and You Got It are great rock songs although, as ever, it's Hey Hey Yeah (complete with Brown and Spiers's usual venture into the crowd) that gets the best reception.
You may also want to watch:
It's a brief set – that's what happens when you're the support act on a night when the venue wants everyone out at 10pm pronto – so it would be good to see them back here as headliners soon.
And it's also a shame that there was an Iron Maiden tribute band playing upstairs at the same time. Acts such as RavenEye deserve all the support they can get, and perhaps some of those paying homage to their legendary heroes upstairs might also have enjoyed seeing the next generation of rock 'n' roll.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 5 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 6 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 7 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash