Review: Poppy Valentine Spring launch at Norwich Fashion Week
The trend for vintage continues as Poppy Valentine showcases its Spring collection.
It was the Doris Day dress from Poppy Valentine that everyone wanted. The flattering style cinched in at the waist and then with a subtle flurry skimmed the hips at the skirt. The dress has been adored by many in London and it had now found its home in Norwich.
Fashion designer Claire Read showcased the 50s style Doris Day dress in a variety of vintage fabrics at the launch of the Spring collection last night.
The small shop in the Royal Arcade was packed to the rafters with fashion lovers looking for a good deal, as most of the dresses, skirts and tops were reduced.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the Doris Day dress the 60s Twiggy dress with Peter Pan collar was also in store, as well as lots of other vintage treats such as Poppy Valentine bags and cosmetic bags, a vintage rail full of gorgeous vintage clothing, and jewellery from local designers.
Flamingo Amy also gave her amazing hair demonstrations to show you how to give your hair a retro style. Amy had already pinned Retro Chick blogger Gemma Seager's hair into tight pin curls, which she unpinned and dressed out in front of the large audience to reveal a glamorous 40s style do.
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 7 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
Then of course there were delicious cupcakes - a Norwich Fashion Week staple - this time in miniature and sparkling wine.
All in all it was a good night of vintage style. Now if you excuse me I must go and buy that Doris Day dress...