Review: Emeli Sande
Up-and-coming Brit star Emeli Sand� wowed crowds at the UEA with an impressively cool and relaxed, chill-out gig. The down-to-earth Scottish-born singer and songwriter gave a performance that in parts had the audience captivated to silence with her soulful voice.
Sand� first became known to the public eye after she featured on rapper Chipmunk's third single, Diamond Rings, and this lady keep delivering top hits since the release of her solo album Our Version of Events .
And couples could not help but embrace the ambiance of the evening by swaying in each others arms to tracks such as My Kind of Love and Suitcase.
The biggest treat of the night came when Sand� performed her own version of Read All About It – a song she originally collaborated on with Professor Green. This was defiantly the highlight of the night and had the crowd singing along.
She wrapped up the evening with her first solo single Heaven, released in August last year, but not before pumping up the room with up-tempo song, Daddy.
It is easy to see why Sand� recently won British Breakthrough Artist at the Brit Awards and although all her songs appear to be about world peace and political issues, it doesn't distract from the raw emotion she injects into her voice.
Sand� gave a cracking performance with a voice that comes to life when heard live and by the reaction of the crowd it would seem that they agreed.
- 1 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 2 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 3 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 4 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 5 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 6 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 7 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 8 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 9 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale