Rebecca GoughIt was the third in a series of summer concerts taking place at Thetford Forest, and the Doves performance was the first to clash with an England World Cup match.Rebecca Gough
It was the third in a series of summer concerts taking place at Thetford Forest, and the Doves performance was the first to clash with an England World Cup match.
This was evident as the crowd failed to come close to the 7,000 who showed up to watch Keane on Thursday, and the record-breaking 8,000 on Friday who flocked to see Simply Red perform.
You may also want to watch:
Still, frontman Jez Williams thanked Saturday's crowd for missing the England v USA game and launched into a comprehensive set featuring favourites such as Pounding, Winter Hill, Andalucia and Black and White Town.
There Goes the Fear, Firesuite, Catch the Sun and their debut single Spaceface were all held back for the encore as fans shouted for more.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 9 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 10 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
The atmosphere was stilted but that was no fault of the band, which is in the midst of a best-of tour, and who interacted with the crowd and joked about drummer Andy Williams imitating Terry Venables' new charity single, If I Can Dream, during the encore.
It was a shame the match interfered with what was a pleasantly cool night, in the heart of the forest, and a band whose new best-of album, The Places Between, will ensure they play many more gigs yet.