Revamp for Norfolk pub-restaurant
Kim BriscoeA Norfolk restaurant chain has ploughed �50,000 into revamping one of its diners near Norwich.Zaks has now launched its all new American dining experience at its diner in Poringland.Kim Briscoe
A Norfolk restaurant chain has ploughed �50,000 into revamping one of its diners near Norwich.
Zaks has now launched its all new American dining experience at its diner in Poringland.
Formerly part of The Swan public house, the restaurant is now completely open plan and has expanded its seating capacity from 100 to 160.
The restaurant, in The Street, has also been decorated with 'Americana' including stateside signage and American sporting memorabilia, to give an authentic feel.
Diners will also notice a change in music with an emphasis on rock, soul and blues from the 50s, 60s and some 70s.
One of the new features which can be spotted at Zaks is an original 1950s petrol pump that has been lovingly restored with glass shipped in especially from America after it was damaged while being sited at its new Poringland home.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 5 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 6 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 7 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
Restaurant manager Danielle Durrant said: 'The new Zaks at Poringland looks fantastic and is now dedicated to family dining, with a great fun atmosphere and experience. So far we have had lots of positive feedback from diners and we are very busy.'
Zaks, which celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2007, also has restaurants at Mousehold Heath and off Kett's Hill Roundabout in Norwich.