Revamp for Norfolk pub-restaurant
Kim BriscoeA Norfolk restaurant chain has ploughed �50,000 into revamping one of its diners near Norwich.Zaks has now launched its all new American dining experience at its diner in Poringland.Kim Briscoe
A Norfolk restaurant chain has ploughed �50,000 into revamping one of its diners near Norwich.
Zaks has now launched its all new American dining experience at its diner in Poringland.
Formerly part of The Swan public house, the restaurant is now completely open plan and has expanded its seating capacity from 100 to 160.
The restaurant, in The Street, has also been decorated with 'Americana' including stateside signage and American sporting memorabilia, to give an authentic feel.
You may also want to watch:
Diners will also notice a change in music with an emphasis on rock, soul and blues from the 50s, 60s and some 70s.
One of the new features which can be spotted at Zaks is an original 1950s petrol pump that has been lovingly restored with glass shipped in especially from America after it was damaged while being sited at its new Poringland home.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 8 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
Restaurant manager Danielle Durrant said: 'The new Zaks at Poringland looks fantastic and is now dedicated to family dining, with a great fun atmosphere and experience. So far we have had lots of positive feedback from diners and we are very busy.'
Zaks, which celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2007, also has restaurants at Mousehold Heath and off Kett's Hill Roundabout in Norwich.