Revamp for Norfolk pub-restaurant
Kim BriscoeA Norfolk restaurant chain has ploughed �50,000 into revamping one of its diners near Norwich.Zaks has now launched its all new American dining experience at its diner in Poringland.Kim Briscoe
A Norfolk restaurant chain has ploughed �50,000 into revamping one of its diners near Norwich.
Zaks has now launched its all new American dining experience at its diner in Poringland.
Formerly part of The Swan public house, the restaurant is now completely open plan and has expanded its seating capacity from 100 to 160.
The restaurant, in The Street, has also been decorated with 'Americana' including stateside signage and American sporting memorabilia, to give an authentic feel.
You may also want to watch:
Diners will also notice a change in music with an emphasis on rock, soul and blues from the 50s, 60s and some 70s.
One of the new features which can be spotted at Zaks is an original 1950s petrol pump that has been lovingly restored with glass shipped in especially from America after it was damaged while being sited at its new Poringland home.
- 1 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 2 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 5 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 6 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 7 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 8 Student and partner woke to see burglar at end of bed
- 9 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 10 N&N staff first in UK to use pioneering Covid saliva tests
Restaurant manager Danielle Durrant said: 'The new Zaks at Poringland looks fantastic and is now dedicated to family dining, with a great fun atmosphere and experience. So far we have had lots of positive feedback from diners and we are very busy.'
Zaks, which celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2007, also has restaurants at Mousehold Heath and off Kett's Hill Roundabout in Norwich.