Return of baby show will feature new ‘boogie’ area
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The region's largest indoor pregnancy, baby and child festival will this year feature a 'baby boogie' zone for parents and their little ones to enjoy dancing to music together.
The third Parent and Baby Show will take place at the UEA Sportspark on Sunday, September 16, organised by Alexandra Atkinson, who is herself 35 weeks pregnant.
She said the show was designed to be 'a funky indoor festival'.
Ms Atkinson said: 'We go all out and decorate the event with lots of quirky props and fun ideas – we have indoor tipis, old chesterfield seating zones which are fab for watching little ones in the soft play area, a gorgeous vintage tearoom complete with bunting and hay bales – giving it that rustic and relaxed vibe.'
The show also features a programme of 15 talks and workshops, as well as a photo studio, baby hand and footprint tile making, pregnancy zone for women looking to learn tips and tricks for birth, free massages and family portrait drawing.
There will also be women's health checks, Bollywood dancing, car seat advice and demos, face and bump painting, bouncy castles and the 'baby boogie' zone with a DJ where parents can rave with their little ones to 90s tunes.
One of the workshops on offer will cover pregnancy anxiety, which is being run by Time Norfolk.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 6 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 9 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
There will also be dozens of stalls selling everything from clothing to furniture and accessories.
Ms Atkinson said the event aimed to showcase, highlight and celebrate businesses in the industry, as well as provide parents-to-be and parents across the eastern region with a fun and entertaining day out.
The event will also feature the Norfolk Pregnancy, Baby and Child Awards, and the team behind the show are also in the process of creating an online directory of business and services for parents and those expecting.
The show was previously held at Carrow Road.
The event runs 10.30am-3pm, and entry is £5, with children under 16 free. Visit www.theparentandbabyshow.co.uk or email email@example.com for more information.
-Are you organising a family event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org