Retiring Norwich city centre restaurant owner Ron Squires: We’ll miss so many
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
It was a very nice article your reporter wrote regarding my retirement at Le Bistro, Exchange Street, Norwich.
I feel I had to write to point out that nothing was mentioned of the really good and loyal staff I have had working alongside me throughout the 43 years. Many worked with me more than 30 years and we all worked so well as a happy little team.
My partner Jean worked here 33 years and became manager 17 years ago. She not only worked at front of house, she cared very much for her customers, showing them care and consideration, sometimes helping with their problems, many became friends. Not forgetting our many temporary students, some went through universities and into impressive careers.
You may also want to watch:
Yes, we will miss being at Le Bistro and we will miss the friends we made along the way.
It is nice at the end of the day to remember you can only have a successful business for 43 years if you have a good supportive family and excellent staff working with you. Thank you to each and every one of my family, staff and customers for 43 wonderful years.
- 1 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 2 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 6 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 7 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners
- 8 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 9 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 10 A look at the faces behind Norwich Market
Grove Avenue, Norwich.