Residents escape injury in flat fire
Sarah BrealeyFirefighters and ambulance crews were called to a fire in a block of Great Yarmouth flats which left people trapped inside.The blaze in the stairwell of Bethel Court on Rodney Road broke out just before 9.30pm tonight.Sarah Brealey
Firefighters and ambulance crews were called to a fire in a block of Great Yarmouth flats which left people trapped inside.
The blaze in the stairwell of Bethel Court on Rodney Road broke out just before 9.30pm tonight.
Firefighters managed to put the fire out and no-one was hurt. Two fire engines were sent and crews put the fire out using jets and breathing gear and ventilated the building, which was full of smoke. The fire was out by 10pm.
The ambulance was called to the scene but no-one needed treatment.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 5 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 8 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 9 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 10 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave