Reader letter: Exhibition at Norwich Castle well worth a visit
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The exhibition Rembrandt: Lighting the Darkness at Norwich Castle is well worth a visit says one of our readers.
Going regularly to the Norwich Castle Museum over the years to see the great exhibitions they have put on there I can report that the latest one that was on, 'Rembrandt: Lighting the Darkness' was yet another one well worth taking an exercise walk up the castle steps and slope to see.
Some of the past exhibitions understandably have had problems when not having a great number of exhibits to show in the large area available but this is certainly not the case with the Rembrandt exhibition because there were plenty of etchings plus one picture and other drawings to see.
I did notice that because many of the etchings were small in size and in very fine detail several people had brought with them hand held magnifying glasses to study the finer details more clearly.
My one moan is one that I make of all these wonderful exhibitions at the castle is of the low height on the wall of the written information shown with the items on show.
You may also want to watch:
Having problems with my eyes and having to put my glasses on to read them I found that most of them were far too low to clearly read for people like myself and others and now wonder if one day I shall have to bring a knee pad with me to read them.
•For more information on the Rembrandt exhibition, at Norwich castle until January 7 2018, click here.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 3 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 4 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Taxi companies hit by driver shortages as demand increases
- 7 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 Former Laurence, Scott & Electromotors staff invited to July 30 reunion
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath