Relay race raises much-needed funds for Big C
- Credit: Archant
Its members have already helped two ladies fight cancer, and a running club has hosted a fundraising relay event to support the Big C charity.
On November 16 the Longdale Striders, based in Thorpe Marriott, held a three-hour endurance relay in Catton Park.
This year two of the group's female members have positively fought cancer, finding running has helped with the process, as has the support of the group.
The endurance relay involved teams of unlimited runners, as well as individuals who decided the taken on the challenge as a solo runner.
During the three hours each team had to complete as many 1.9-mile laps as possible, handing the baton to another team member at the end of each lap.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the group said: 'We also had a raffle and sold refreshments to raise funds for Catton Park.
'The whole day far exceeded our expectations and it was a lovely event with lots of the children taking part. It had a real family feel.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 5 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 8 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
'The most laps completed by one team was 14 and by an individual, 11.
'We had 156 runners in 47 teams, completing 428 laps and 813.2 miles.
'We would like to thank everyone who helped us make this happen and everyone who took part.'
The event raised £1,345.31 for the Big C, including T-shirt sales, and £370 for Catton Park.
Do you have a community news story? Email email@example.com