Reindeer pub set to be back in harness
A popular Norwich pub is due to reopen in early December, four months after shutting.
The Reindeer in Dereham Road is getting a makeover and its new landlords will be brother and sister Danny and Kate Searle, who also run the Rumsey Wells in St Andrew's, Norwich.
The pub is part of Wisbech-based brewer Elgood's portfolio and estates manager Robin Hotson said: 'We are looking to open around December 8. The pub is being redecorated on the outside and we are putting up new signage. The pub will retain its name, though there will be some change to the logo. The inside is also being redcorated and Danny and Kate are adding their own style.'
The siblings, who took over the Rumsey Wells, formerly St Andrew's Tavern, in 2008, will continue to run that popular watering hole.
Mr Hotson said: 'They have experience in Norwich and have turned the Rumsey Wells round, so we hope they can do the same at The Reindeer.
You may also want to watch:
'They feel they can do it and so do I. They are both very enthusiastic. They plan to major on real ales at The Reindeer and good food.'
The Reindeer, which dates back to 1854, has had a troubled recent history. One landlord lasted just 18 days in 2010. It was also closed for parts of 2008 after a landlord was declared bankrupt.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'Freedom Day' Hindu wedding in Norwich watched by 5m plus people
- 3 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 4 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 5 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 6 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 7 Faulty streetlights in city suburb prompt safety fears at night
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 10 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
The Evening News has been urging customers to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
For more stories about the campaign visit www.evening news24.co.uk/loveyourlocal
Have you got a pubs story for our campaign? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org