Reindeer pub set to be back in harness
A popular Norwich pub is due to reopen in early December, four months after shutting.
The Reindeer in Dereham Road is getting a makeover and its new landlords will be brother and sister Danny and Kate Searle, who also run the Rumsey Wells in St Andrew's, Norwich.
The pub is part of Wisbech-based brewer Elgood's portfolio and estates manager Robin Hotson said: 'We are looking to open around December 8. The pub is being redecorated on the outside and we are putting up new signage. The pub will retain its name, though there will be some change to the logo. The inside is also being redcorated and Danny and Kate are adding their own style.'
The siblings, who took over the Rumsey Wells, formerly St Andrew's Tavern, in 2008, will continue to run that popular watering hole.
Mr Hotson said: 'They have experience in Norwich and have turned the Rumsey Wells round, so we hope they can do the same at The Reindeer.
You may also want to watch:
'They feel they can do it and so do I. They are both very enthusiastic. They plan to major on real ales at The Reindeer and good food.'
The Reindeer, which dates back to 1854, has had a troubled recent history. One landlord lasted just 18 days in 2010. It was also closed for parts of 2008 after a landlord was declared bankrupt.
- 1 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 2 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 6 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners
- 7 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 8 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 9 A look at the faces behind Norwich Market
- 10 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
The Evening News has been urging customers to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
For more stories about the campaign visit www.evening news24.co.uk/loveyourlocal
Have you got a pubs story for our campaign? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org